Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, December 24, 2012

"WHICH WERE JUST AS THEY HAD BEEN TOLD"

Merry Christmas Eve!

I just read Luke 2:8-20.  The part of Jesus' birth story about the shepherds and the angels.  There are so many learning opportunities in this passage.  So many lessons from the Holy Spirit.

We could sit and ponder -
     the shepherds keeping watch at night
          the shepherds being terrified by the glory of the LORD
               the shepherds going to see "this thing" the Lord told them about
                    the shepherds spreading the word concerning what they had heard and seen.

What caught my attention and held it were the last words of verse 20:

          WHICH WERE JUST AS THEY HAD BEEN TOLD!

I began thinking of all I have been told through God's word.

God created man in His image.
I know love because God first loved me.
I know the truth and the truth has set me free.
God sent His One and Only Son.
The plans for my life were in place before I was even created in my mother's womb.
Jesus WILL return.
God is my creator, my healer, my banner, my comfort, my peace, my Savior, my teacher, my love, my light, my bridegroom, my strength, my joy. . . . 
Jesus will return when His people proclaim, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD".
God does not want me to be lukewarm.
God's word will never return to Him void, but will accomplish what he desires and achieve the purpose for which He sent it.
God's word is a lamp to guide my steps.
God will guard all that I entrust to Him.

How do you stop of list of all you have learned in God's word?  This list could just go on and on.  

My take away from this morning's quiet time is 

                        God's word proclaimed to me will ALWAYS be 
  
                              JUST AS I'VE BEEN TOLD!
 
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment