Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A CONTINUING

Daniel 9:21 - NIV
While I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice.

Daniel 9:20-21 - The Message

"While I was pouring out my heart, baring my sins and the sins of my people Israel, praying my life out before my God, interceding for the holy mountain of my God — while I was absorbed in this praying, the humanlike Gabriel, the one I had seen in an earlier vision, approached me, flying in like a bird about the time of evening worship.



I feel the need to go back to school and take a course in Hebrew. Maybe many courses in Hebrew. I have been doing some research online for this next Hebrew word for still. I don't know how to type the symbols/accents for the Hebrew words I am finding, so they really don't look like they are suppose to look. So excuse that error on this blog.

Anyway,from my Strongs I found "still in prayer" or "Absorbed in this praying" is from the Hebrew word "od" (6388)meaning:
this is not an absence of moving - this is continuing; stopped, remain, how long,
kept on, stands

In Aramaeic (10531) "od" meaning: yet still

BUT online in a Hebrew dictionary the word "od" had only one definition: MORE.

This word MORE hit me because I have been hearing the same words over and over this past month. I feel like He has had to say "I am going to tell you this one MORE time. The words, do what I told you".

On May 4th I heard not an audible voice but a "still" small voice during my morning prayer say, "Ok, that's enough asking about that. Start thanking me!" It makes me smile to remember that event. I wish I had a picture of the look on my face. I literally remember opening my eyes and saying out loud, "WOW!

On May 7th I read, "How long shall we pray? De we not come to a place where we may cease from our petitions and rest the matter in God's hands? There is but one answer. Pray until the thing you pray for has actually been granted, or until you have the assurance in your heart that it will be."

On May 14th I read, "Instant obedience is the only kind of obedience there is; delayed obedience is disobedience. Every time God calls us to any duty, He is offering to make a covenant with us; doing the duty is our part, and He will do His part in special blessing." and "Luther says that a 'true believer will crucify the question, 'Why?' He will obey without questioning.' I will not be one of those who, except they see signs and wonders, will in no wise believe. I will obey without questioning."

On May 19th I read, "Every right prayer is answered before the prayer itself is finished - before we have 'done speaking'." and "When we believe for a blessing, we must take the attitude of faith; and begin to act and pray as if we had the blessing."

On May 26th I read, "Our praise will still open fountains in the desert, when murmuring will only bring us judgment, and even prayer may fail to reach the fountains of blessing."

Since that morning of May 4th I have been doing a whole lot of "do what I told you". A whole lot of "thanking". In a way, it has changed my prayer life. For over 20 years I have been praying several very specific prayers. For over 15 years I have been praying for my future daughters-in-law, whoever they may be. For about 2 years I have been praying for guidance in knowing for certain where my husband and I should worship on Sunday mornings. There are other things, too. Anyway, my prayers for the things I have mentioned have turned to thanksgiving. There are now other burdens I pray for when led by the Holy Spirit. I have begun asking my God, "what are the burdens on Your heart for this day."

My BEING STILL in this lesson for me is: (1) Thank God for what He has already done that I just may not be aware of and (2) allow the Holy Spirit to guide me into some MORE new things to lift up in prayer.

I think I really like the Hebrew word "od".

(All quotes are from "Streams In The Desert".

No comments:

Post a Comment