Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, May 3, 2014

THREE GIFTS FOUND IN DIFFICULT PEOPLE

Yesterday was difficult.  I encountered a difficult person.  This difficult person is a family member.  This family member is not always a difficult person.

This morning as I began my quiet time I was drawn to the "Joy Dare Collection" from Ann Voskamp's blog.

The challenge for this day is to write Three Gifts Found in Difficult People.

I love when God shows off and brings all things in my life right back to Himself.

I wrote the following in my quiet time notebook:

3 Gifts found in difficult people
  1. prayer - turns me back to Christ - reminds me that I was created for good works (Eph 2:1) and that I should do all things as if for God not for men (Col 3:23).
  2. laughter - because sometimes people are so absurdly difficult, the situation becomes hilarious. 
  3. lessons learned - the lesson of how not to treat others
So, (I crossed that word out in my notebook, don't know how to do that on her)
I read yesterday that in removing the word "so" from my conversations will help me present myself clearer when I speak. 

My prayer today is:
     through the guidance of the Holy Spirit
             I will seek to see others a Christ does,
                  I will look for the joy and laughter in the hard moments and
                          I will treat others as if they are Christ.

What a lesson I have to share with the Young Girls' Bible Study.

Thank you Ann Voskamp for the reminder to find the gifts.

     https://www.facebook.com/AnnVoskamp
     http://www.aholyexperience.com/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your journey, Rebecca. Your words are very inspiring. Your obedience to God's call on your life has blessed me this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete