Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 2, 2014

HOW DO YOU LOVE?

Notes taken from a 2005 Bible study - THE PROOF IS IN THE FRUIT - led by Betsy Bird.

There are four Greek words for love:

  1. Eros - a self satisfying love
  2. Storge - the love of kinship
  3. Philia - the love of friendship
  4. Agape - a love that seeks the highest good of the other person


In the fall Young Girls' Bible study my plan is to go on a scavenger hunt to teach them the four Greek words for love.  They say, "we love scavenger hunts!"  They love moving, being active.

My prayer is by the end of that evening they will understand the difference between the four and know that above all else God's love is Agape.

Today my examples of the four Greek words for love are:


  1. Eros - I love a Sunday nap.
  2. Storge - I love my husband, Jeb.
  3. Philia - I love Debbie Trussell - my best friend
  4. Agape - Only through the love of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit can I even pray to love this way and to live out the love of God in me.

I have much studying to do.  This is just the beginning.

How about you?  How do you love?

Please help by responding to the four Greek words.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment